Everybody's Fancy, Everybody's Fine
OK, I still haven't had a chance to upload our pictures from Halloween, so I offer you a few from other people instead. Here's a great set of photos from Tifanie to look at (who was dressed as the most spot-on perfect Desire of The Endless I've ever seen).
Can you guess who we are (ignore the numbers on our shoulders, that picture was taken at the costume competition at our work)? You get major AdrianaCred if you can.

Okay, since we watch Mr. Rogers every day, I'm going to guess: Mr. Rogers and Lady Aberlin.

By Blogger Lisa, at Wednesday, November 07, 2007 11:31:00 AM

DING DING DING!!!!

Do you know how many people had no idea who we were? It was kind of sad.

Also, I was shocked to find there is only one picture on all of the internet of Lady Aberlin. This needs to be corrected. Someone needs to make a tribute site for her.

PS - I'm glad your kids still watch Mr. Rogers. It's probably part of why they're so emotionally intelligent.

By Blogger adriana, at Wednesday, November 07, 2007 11:35:00 AM

I haven't watched it in awhile, but I knew David was Mr. Rogers. I hadn't seen enough of Lady Aberlin to recognize her, though.

But, great getups!

Ma

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, November 07, 2007 1:24:00 PM

Yeah, Lady Aberlin is very obscure and only fits in the context of David's costume. David was amazing. He was so excited all month about the costume and even got his hair cut specifically for it.

By Blogger adriana, at Wednesday, November 07, 2007 1:51:00 PM

You two look so beautiful! <33333 I just want to sit down and hear stories now.

By Blogger Ashley, at Wednesday, November 07, 2007 9:00:00 PM

That's all well and good, very nice costumes, but your hands are dead ringers for King Friday and Lady Elaine Fairchilde. Once when I was young someone - my brother I think - told me King Friday spent his days in the castle smoking his hookah. I had no idea what that was, but I knew that I never wanted to smoke in my life... except for a hookah. Because of that random brotherly lie, after all my travelling, I have three beautiful hookahs. The Lady Elaine Fairchilde ...she always frightened me. Many bad childhood dreams of her.

Next year, you will both earn major noprizes if you can go as Trolley.

Mister Rogers... can you think of anything kids have today that approaches that brilliant, imaginative innocence without a trace of commercial exploitation?

By Blogger Donald, at Thursday, November 08, 2007 9:50:00 PM