I spent last night in some kind of Scientological torment, having TWO dreams (or possibly one long extended one) in which I was being harassed by Tom Cruise for various failings in my nature. Katie Holmes was wandering around all huge and pregnant and pretending to be my best friend, which harried me. Tom heard me making fun of him and just became a relentless stalker, and then at one point he stuck two "women" on me who spent what felt like three hours interrogating me about the way I dress. They attempted to point out that I wasn't womanly enough, and that I didn't know how to be attractive and girly. In the dream I was wearing a white peasant shirt and kacki cargo pants, and they just berated me for not accessorizing properly like using a sash and pink blush on my cheeks. What does that man WANT from me? I woke up and was very distraught and David agreed that he MUST be stopped.

We fought our way in to see Imogen Heap perform last night at Hotel Cafe, and she was luminous and wonderful as ever. The crowd was just insane for her. It got me all revved up for playing out, which we plan to do as soon as is humanly possible ("...how soon is that?", you chirp. "Shut up," I whisper). This is also my preliminary warning that Jane Siberry is going to be here in LA on Dec 2nd, so don't miss it, because seeing her perform live is something akin to drinking liquid God.

I've successfully gotten everyone in the house into Imogen Heap, and really it was you who got ME into her, so geez just look at your sphere of influence.
ashley | 10.27.05 - 6:33 pm | #

Never fear, Adriana. David could totally take Cruise in a fight. But, if he doesn't want to, call me. I'd be all like, "That's right, Maver... um... ick." *Chomps jaw* "I am dangerous!"
Mike M. | Homepage | 10.27.05 - 7:02 pm | #

Cruise who???? Come one. I bet he can't even ride a horse. Let David at him. You know he's always liked being your Knight in Shining Armor. Of course, you do realize that if David takes on Cruise, you may never be invited to Oprah, but so what.....
Prairie Momma | 10.27.05 - 10:54 pm | #

I think it's a Hollywood/LA thing, Addy. We pick up on this stuff that we see in town and need to filter it.
Also: Has the opening of Rent been pulled back? Do you know why?
Shawn Jackson | 10.28.05 - 11:16 am | #

agreed, shawny.

Yes, the opening of Rent has been moved from Nov 11th to Nov 23rd for two reasons: they decided they don't want to go up against Harry Potter, and the studio now believes more strongly in the piece and wants to promote it to the Thanksgiving audience and as an Oscar contender. It's for good reasons. Al and Nan have seen it and are very happy indeed.
a | Homepage | 10.28.05 - 12:31 pm | #

I dreamed AGAIN last night about my lack of girliness and femininity and wearing the wrong dress and discussing petticoats and stuff, so it's clearly some kind of theme going on in me that I don't know about. Or I do. Because I just said it. But I don't know why.
a | Homepage | 10.28.05 - 12:32 pm | #