So, tell me if this makes sense. I've been temping for this one girl for about two months now and she has a sign that she's hand-written on a "Scooby-Doo: Scary Things To Do" dry erase board at the entrance of her cubicle. It reads:

The best use of life is love.
The best expression of love is time.
The best time to love is now.

...the best expression of love is time? Whuh? I should note that next to that board is a satin hanging pillow that says "Do Not Disturb."

I think maybe it's trying to say that love is best expressed by spending time with someone? I don't think that is neccessarily true, though. I've had to spen alot of time with people I can't really stand, and I think that those I wish to spend more time with but cannot know I love them because I tell them so.

Maybe the little pillow is her trying to tell people that she does not love them enough to give them the best expression of said love.
tifanie | 05.18.05 - 8:05 pm | #

Hurm...

Let's see...

Time is relative to position and velocity.

Love is relative to the individual.

I've just made the whole thing make less sense by attempting to apply some sort of ill-informed interpretation of relativity theory to it.

Well... I haven't change much since college, have I?
Mike M. | Homepage | 05.18.05 - 8:37 pm | #

you sure haven't, and that's why we love you.

seriously, though, i kept seeing it as some kind of relativity thing, too. i think i've been reading too many physics articles lately.

tifanie, i think the pillow is saying, "i am expressing my lack of love for you by telling you to stick it."

i should also say (if i haven't already) that the entire cubicle is decorated with...spiders.
a | Homepage | 05.19.05 - 10:01 am | #

The best expression of love is time.

Hmm.

I could wax on about what I think the best expression of love is, but instead I'll dissect the idea that time is an expression.

You see, the root of much bad poetry is leaving the reader too much to interpret.

"Perhaps she means..."

or

"What she's trying to say is..."

could be eliminated if she simply said it. Otherwise it's... a blank scene for an acting class.

Anyway, as we all know, the best expression of love is food.
d | 05.19.05 - 10:32 am | #

Sounds like she's disturbed enough already.
ashley | 05.21.05 - 1:39 pm | #