That Christmas Shoes song is the worst, most crassly ridiculous piece of tripe ever. "If Mama meets Jesus tonight..." Who allowed this? I can't get it out of my head.

It might could snow on Thursday in Albuquerque. BRING IT, Snow Meiser! I DARE you!

Simply Sleep is already getting airplay. Fantastico! I guess we'd better make an album to go with it.

I promise, the Chrismas Shoes song came from some RedState hooligan.
d | 12.21.04 - 12:23 pm | #

Congrats, baby! You do indeed need to make an album to go with those lovely songs.
Dare I ask what the xmas shoes song is?
tifanie | 12.21.04 - 2:38 pm | #

oh god, it's the awful thing. you'll end up hearing it somewhere, i'm sure.
upon googling, i'm horrified to find it blossomed into a tv movie as well. here are the lyrics:

It was almost Christmas time, there I stood in another line
Tryin' to buy that last gift or two, not really in the Christmas mood
Standing right in front of me was a little boy waiting anxiously
Pacing 'round like little boys do
And in his hands he held a pair of shoes

His clothes were worn and old, he was dirty from head to toe
And when it came his time to pay
I couldn't believe what I heard him say

Chorus:
Sir, I want to buy these shoes for my Mama, please
It's Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size
Could you hurry, sir, Daddy says there's not much time
You see she's been sick for quite a while
And I know these shoes would make her smile
And I want her to look beautiful if Mama meets Jesus tonight

He counted pennies for what seemed like years
Then the cashier said
a | Homepage | 12.21.04 - 2:41 pm | #

"Son, there's not enough here"
He searched his pockets frantically
Then he turned and he looked at me
He said Mama made Christmas good at our house
Though most years she just did without
Tell me Sir, what am I going to do,
Somehow I've got to buy her these Christmas shoes

So I laid the money down, I just had to help him out
I'll never forget the look on his face when he said
Mama's gonna look so great

Sir, I want to buy these shoes for my Mama, please
It's Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size
Could you hurry, sir, Daddy says there's not much time
You see she's been sick for quite a while
And I know these shoes would make her smile
And I want her to look beautiful if Mama meets Jesus tonight

Bridge:
I knew I'd caught a glimpse of heaven's love
As he thanked me and ran out
I knew that God had sent that little boy
To remind me just what Christmas is all about
a | Homepage | 12.21.04 - 2:41 pm | #

apparently Christmas is all about shoes.
a | Homepage | 12.21.04 - 2:42 pm | #

But are they Sergio Rossi/Christian Louboutin?

(If I hadn't managed to make myself clear: Your music is beautiful. I'm glad it's getting airplay!)
Mimi | 12.21.04 - 8:55 pm | #

Oh- oh my gaw. The shoe song is nearly as bad as the rash of country 9-11 songs that were out awhile back. That's just terrible. I hope I hope I hope I never hear it. Wow.
tifanie | 12.22.04 - 12:27 am | #

I wish you Christmas Shoes immunity.

Mimi, I was going to say that about the shoes but couldn't remember which ones he had said. (and thanks)
a | Homepage | 12.22.04 - 11:22 am | #

Oh yes, I *would* remember now, wouldn't I? *seppuku now* :P :P :P
Mimi | 12.22.04 - 2:10 pm | #

I don't listen to country western, bur I have heard the Christmas Shoe song, and I've always liked it. Maybe it's from having four children of my own and knowing how terribly I want to touch my children's lives as the mom in the song obviously did. I know this year when we explained over and over that Christmas was not going to be tons of stuff, I had 4 times the gifts under the tree. I felt nothing but guilt as I kept unwrapping and unwrapping. My four wonderful children, though, just sat there with huge grins on their faces. They kept saying over and over how they always get all the stuff and this year it was my turn. So, I'm sorry, but I have to vote a big thumbs up for the song only because of what it symbolizes - what can I say, though. I write this as I look out on bulls and horses and no houses as far as the eyes can see, so maybe it's just the country gal in me. I must say, though, I would prefer blue shoes as I don't have a thing to wear with red shoes.
Queen Mother | 01.01.05 - 10:26 am | #