Tear my heart out, why don't you? This has been a crap of a day at work, mainly because I am miserable as a human working in an office and because I got reprimanded and I need to realize I can fail at something and blah blah blah. But then to top it all off, we just went down to the company's Halloween...I don't know...presentation party thing...and it was an entire department enacting and lip-synching Phantom of the Opera. I mean we are talking fallen chandelier, smoke machines, mirrors, organs, and even a freakin boat. I just stood there in the dark and smiled and cried and cried. It was like a love letter from some earlier version of myself: remember what you used to be? Remember what brought you joy? What's stopping you?

How am I not myself?

And on a grander scale, these things are happening around us. These things are about defining Freedom.

"Your security is in your own hands."

I would love to discuss with you my issues bout the upcoming POTO film and why, even if its good on the surface, I'll consider it a failure based on what I now know. I may be wrong, but... I'd love to discuss it with you sometime.
Don | Homepage | 10.30.04 - 10:10 pm | #

go for it...

i can think of one right off the bat...Joel Schumacher?
a | Homepage | 10.31.04 - 9:09 am | #

Ciao A,
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature.....Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Hellen Keller

Just remember you are not contained by anything. You are the only one keeping you where you are. See the blessings in the situation, say thanks and move on.

Ciao di A'dam
JJ
jeromejim | 10.31.04 - 3:08 pm | #

Not even just that, but the amount of dubbing.

It's not just a rumour that Minnie Driver is primarily dubbed through most of what she sings in the role. It's everywhere. Why use Minnie Driver then?

Who says "Eh, Phantom of th... MINNIE DRIVER'S IN IT? LET'S GO!!!"

The amount of dubbing I'm hearing about is insane. Especially in her case. We've witnessed what you can make a person sound like in EVITA, and frankly with my cheap audio manipulation software here on my PC I can work wonders with anything... but really, why hire people who aren't even names to sell the film if they can't sing the roles well without manipulation?

Joel Schumacher.

What?

Anyway, we should have an e-mail conversation 'bout this.
Don | Homepage | 10.31.04 - 8:31 pm | #