I had my first acupuncture treatment today for the unbelievably rugged labyrinthitis that STILL hasn't completely left me. I haven't wanted to mention it here because it just seems ridiculous at this point that I've still got balance problems.

This doctor was an amazing saint and must be praised. She was deeply caring and very wise. When she stuck the needles in me, I started floating away and into myself. As she left me to rest, I saw someone sit up on the table. It was a faceless figure in a black cloak, and it was living in my chest. I felt that I knew it well and had no fear of it. In fact, I felt very comfortable with it. It sat up, and then proceeded to float up and away. I held it back with a string but eventually let the string go.

Not sure where it is now but I am certainly feeling warm and light.

sounds like the painting "the nightmare" by fuseli.

i hope your dark spirit doesn't return if he is not wanted.
byronicwoman | Homepage | 08.25.04 - 10:12 pm | #

You are the 3rd person I've heard of having an intensely emotional and uncanny experience with this acupuncture stuff.

Letting go is a beautiful thing.

Very happy for you.
tifanie | 08.26.04 - 8:59 am | #

I've never had anything quite that intense during a treatment. I generally just float. Love that. Plus, my practitioner gives me Lapsang Souchoung. Love that, too.
William F. House | Homepage | 08.27.04 - 6:30 am | #

What's a lapsang souchoung? Sounds positively filthy...
tifanie | 08.27.04 - 9:41 am | #

Tifanie, first, thanks for the best laugh of the week. Secondly, it's a Chinese smoked tea. It has a very strong flavor. Thirdly, I misspelled it - it's Lapsang Souchong (only one u).

I really like the tea after a session because it's so aggressive that it sort of cuts right through the sensations of acupuncture and that sleepy, melty feeling you get.

Anyway, the tea is very nice and I recommend it (either straight or as a blend).
William F. House | Homepage | 08.27.04 - 1:06 pm | #

My last treatment, I floated above my body somewhat and saw tiny volcanoes on my back, letting out steam. I guess I got rid of some unessential 'heat'.....
Shawn | Homepage | 08.27.04 - 3:55 pm | #

yeah, she says i need MORE heat. i need to keep mine.

i haven't had this wacky tea but she did start me on herbs that taste like dirt, so that's fun for me.
a | Homepage | 08.27.04 - 5:05 pm | #