To be absolutely frivolous for a moment, I am totally freaking out because my favourite clothing store from NYC is finally making its way to the West Coast. I am deeply jealous of all you San Franciscans, but I continue to hold out the hope that Los Angeles is not far behind. *SIGH* It's probably one of the only places that actually makes cool, rock-star clothes that fit my body, and it's no surprise considering it's a European chain. Europeans seem to believe in hips, curves, and tallness. God bless them.

So, I really want to take this moment to encourage all of you out there to take the time to see Farenheit 9/11 this weekend. It is very, very important that we send a clear message with our money that this movie and this outrage needs to be expressed in this country. I also welcome all my friends here in town to this event at our house on Monday:

Next Monday, June 28, I'll be getting together with my neighbors to hear Michael Moore as part of "Turn Up the Heat: A National Town Meeting on Fahrenheit 9/11." You should come!

Have you heard about Fahrenheit 9/11, Michael Moore's new movie (which opens Friday, 6/25)? It's an incredibly powerful film that lays bare the cynicism and greed behind Bush's war policy. Apparently, it's full of footage that few people in this country have ever seen -- footage that has the power to sway the 2004 election.

Tens of thousands of MoveOn members are gathering in living rooms and meeting halls on Monday. We'll join a live, online, interactive audio conference with Michael Moore, we'll discuss the movie, and we'll plan local actions to help win back the White House. And, of course, there'll be snacks.

I'm there like a Iorek bear.
Anomalous | 06.23.04 - 4:14 pm | #

Not a huge Moore fan, but I'm all over this film. The sooner we get the (p)resident out of the White House, the better.
William F. House | Homepage | 06.23.04 - 4:31 pm | #

You know I would be there if I could!! I'll be with you in spirit...I'm trying my best on this election....I'm going to be "filmed" for the DNC..I'll tell you more later
Gabriella | 06.23.04 - 8:28 pm | #

H&M? Really? Not for guys. Their clothes for guys are so tiny that I use their shirts as gloves. But then, I'm kind of an orc.
Maielloclypse the Younger | 06.24.04 - 7:56 am | #

That's weird about the guy clothes... I am probably the exact opposite in body type of A, and yet I too can get pants there. This is what leads me to believe that H&M uses some sort of magical fairy dust on their clothes, because no other store in the US can pants both me and A.
tumtum tree | Homepage | 06.24.04 - 8:17 am | #

What's even stranger, is that if they are European clothiers, why do their pants also fit me, seeing as I hail from the Mythical Land of the Big Thighed People? I can't even get my leg into European pants, most often, as they have thigh holes the size of my calves.
As for M, you are not an orc. You are a hearty Italian stallion.
tifanie | 06.24.04 - 9:41 am | #

waitwaitwait....YOU...from the Mythical Land of Big-Thighed People? wow. that must make me their tryrannical queen overlord. but in a cool, big-thighed, Italian kind of way.

tifanie's right, mr. m.
a | Homepage | 06.24.04 - 6:31 pm | #

I bow before you, in reverence, oh Queen Quadricepcia. Please take this offering of flaming chocolate cheesecake with strawberry sauce as a token of my unworthiness before you...

Kidding aside, my thighs are only a few inches smaller than Sam's. (We measured.) He was shocked and dismayed, since he has former bicycle courier treetrunk legs and is about twice my size otherwise.

They're big, I tell ya, big!
tifanie | 06.24.04 - 8:51 pm | #

H&M, I must agree, is not so much for the men. Like many places, clothes at H&M don't account for men with tallness, and/or wide shoulders and chests. If you're built like I am the stuff there hangs loosely off your upper frame and makes you look fat 'round the belly. "Do I look fat in this" is not a question I like to ask, out of pride and some unwritten masculine code if nothing else.
don | Homepage | 06.25.04 - 10:03 am | #

can't wait to hear your thoughts about the film.....
Shawn | Homepage | 06.27.04 - 4:24 am | #