I'm going to start logging the idiotic stupidity that is the Low Carb diet phenomenon. Here are just a few nuggets overheard in the last few days in my and David's office:

"Did you know that high-fat yogurt has less carbs than low-fat yogurt? So you should totally eat high-fat yogurt."

"I want lunch, but I need to go buy some low-carb bread."

"Want to go get a low carb lunch?"
"I'm STARVING for something low carb!"

Okay, I'm all for bitchslapping every person I meet that mentions anything about carbs. I swear, one day, I'll just snap and kill someone regarding this.

Of course, I'll have them tastefully stuffed (with pasta and croutons) and mounted over my fireplace.
William F. House | Homepage | 03.22.04 - 1:05 pm | #

I hope against all odds that fads like this will lead to a culling of the herd; perhaps not eating those carbs will make them reproduce less, perhaps civilization will be saved by this diet.

It's all tied into reality TV, it must be.

I shuddered with familiar disdain when I read that post.
DW | Homepage | 03.22.04 - 1:23 pm | #

Seriously, once, on a whim, I bought low carb bread. 3 carbs versus 11, or whatever. It tasted like feet.

OK, not that I know what feet really taste like. But, lets say....oh dammit nevermind.

Don't eat low carb bread.
Shawn | Homepage | 03.22.04 - 2:45 pm | #

I was shopping the other day and I saw low carb spaghetti sauce. What the hell? If you are eating spaghetti seems to me you should forget about counting carbs for that meal and I also thought (maybe I am not carb conscious) that tomatoes were not exactly high carb!

Perhaps lack of carbs is directly related to far less efficient brain function.
Lisa | 03.23.04 - 9:01 am | #

All I can say is that I tried Atkins for five days, and on the next morning, passed out cold in the shower, and might have drowned and DIED, even, because Kevin (right next door in the bedroom) didn't even *budge* from sleep, despite the massive crash.

So me and Atkins parted of the ways, for good.
Pammikins | 03.23.04 - 9:17 am | #