Well, in a freak case of mainstream popcorn movies triggering huge life realizations, yesterday I saw The Matrix Reloaded again and after pondering it for a while afterwards, had a major brain/spiritual upgrade. So much so that I got quite a headache. What was it all about? I guess I just finally came to understand and appreciate that Creation includes machines as well, and that they are just as spiritual and sacred as any other thing in this universe. If we are truly living as God within us, then we are creators just as nature is. We infuse spirit into our creations, just as spirit was infused into the creation of us. Everything, EVERYTHING that is in our world is Natural, and therefore spirit-filled. It is inevitable that machines will rise to power on this planet, and this is not necessarily a bad thing. I don't fear it, because I know there is a natural order to things, and a place and time for everything. I don't think I'm quite explaining this the way that I just know and feel it to be true.

I know I'm probably a bit late on this particular boat, but I'm glad I finally caught it nonetheless.

Well, Reloaded made you think about The Machines more than it did me, but its probably my fault as I went to a insomniac induced 5:00 AM screening. By the by, did you see X2 yet? You ARE Rouge, probably more than Rouge is even Rouge, and as a Comic Geek, take it as a compliment. 'Nuff said.
Besides I Love You........

-s-
Shawnja | 06.03.03 - 3:56 am | #

That's an AMAZING compliment. amazing. I have seen it. I loved it.

It wasn't so much Reloaded as pondering the inevitable conclusion of the Matrix series: that man and machine must learn to live together symbiotically.
Adriana | 06.03.03 - 10:39 am | #

The above commentor (god that sounds impersonal)....is right. You're quite Rogue-ish.

And check out CorporateMofo's diatribe on The Matrix. It's way off on some stuff, but on others it's quite intriguing.
William F. House | Homepage | 06.03.03 - 12:13 pm | #

I came to comment for a different reason, but... reading the above...

You're rouge? What color of rouge? Are you dusty rose, or perhaps a cranberry? How is it that X2 brings to mind makeup and that you're just like... makeup?

Now, I myself had a long thought process just today about the inevitable ascension of mechanical or "artificial" intelligence. It probably won't happen in our lifetimes, but within the next three or four generations unless civilization points in a different direction. Or, unless civilization is otherwise decimated. I think it remains to be seen, based on the wisdom of those who create technology. I don't think we, the great unwashed users and manipulators of technology, will have a lot of say in the evolution of its creation. Sure, we might be able to program and build webpages, build our computers, but we're really just manipulating technology others have already created. I agree, though, and I thought of it as I was watching my "Animatrix" DVD today.

Also, wasn't Anna Paquin great as Rogue in X2?
Anonymous | 06.03.03 - 12:16 pm | #

Hurm.
Shawnja | 06.03.03 - 12:41 pm | #

oooh, FACE! BURN! CHOP!
Adriana | 06.03.03 - 4:18 pm | #

No harm no foul, just a-teasin'.

Didn't mean to post anonymously, either.
d | 06.03.03 - 8:43 pm | #

am looking forward to the Animatrix. let me know what you think.
Adriana | 06.04.03 - 9:21 am | #

I fell asleep during the last 10 minutes of the Matrix 2. Too much in your face pseudo philosophy and really bad digital Keanus for me. But the machine and man relationship is indeed interesting. I'm reading "Red Mars" right now. Lots of remotely controlled robotics and construction/destruction equipment in it, plus lots of other good things you would like. You are very much like Rogue, but more an amalgamation of her and Death, somehow. And a doggie.
tifanie | 06.04.03 - 10:12 am | #

HAHAHAH! Tifanie, there couldn't possibly be a better compliment. I'm serious.
Adriana | 06.04.03 - 12:13 pm | #

rogue. hrmph.
ashley | 06.04.03 - 9:06 pm | #

Red Mars, Blue Mars, Green Mars --- great series. I liked Puse Mars best, but I wrote that myself, so you can't read it. It's mainly about me and Allyson Hannigan anyway, not really related to the other books in many ways.
d | 06.04.03 - 9:24 pm | #

Go Tifanie! Fallin' asleep during the matrix....my kinda girl. And whats up with the "Rouge. Hrmph" post
above? That mean you agree or otherwise? If you disagree, you must be a jaded DC fan. Hurm....
Shawnja | 06.05.03 - 2:08 am | #

don, take your buffy-lovin butt elsewheres.
Adriana | 06.05.03 - 2:08 pm