OK, kids, this is your chance to laugh and poke fun and give your opinions on my shoot yesterday, which I think went very well. http://www.argentum.com/index.html?dgbij30ar Let me know in the Comments which ones you think are good for the following:

1. Toothy smiling: "Buy Tide from me!"
2. Lawyer/doctor/librarian: "I'll prosecute you, but kindly."
3. Sexy: "MMM."
4. Just plain old Adriana, how you know me best.

Have a look, let me know.

Hey! Saw the shots, they're nice. I won't get too used to that whole color thing, though. There's just something artistic and classic about the black-and-white headshots. One day I may come around, but no time soon, and hopefully the pendulum will have swung back by that time.
D | Homepage | 06.19.03 - 2:27 pm | #
You know what, I hate to say it, but out here in Hollywood, it's basically what people do now. The costs of printing color have come down to being equivalent to black and white. This was why everything was b/w to begin with, because it was cheap and no one could afford to send color around. Sure, black and white looks nice, but if you think about it for a second you'd realize that a casting director really needs to Know what you look like, not just get an artistic idea from a black and white shot. Don't get me wrong, I love black and white, but you have to understand that that time is coming to an end, and further that it only was set up that way to begin with because of economics. I'm planning on printing some in each just in case, but I also recognize that things have changed and I need to go along for the ride or continue to wait on the sidelines because of stupid traditions.
A | 06.19.03 - 3:08 pm | #

obviously i love black and white or my site wouldn't be this way. : )
Adriana | Homepage | 06.19.03 - 3:11 pm | #

http://www.photo-proofs.com/ARU/.../ page_09.html^1

okay, so that's MY pick, even though I liked so many of them that I had a favorites list of like... 20. they are all SO beautiful and you smile JUST like your mom. any of the ones in the blue shirt where you're looking away, or the ones in the black tank top I LOVE. I didn't think the lawyer outfit was as flattering and you hair looks best in the black tank top ones, but the blue shirt ones look the most like beautiful dramatic hollywood actress to me.

ashleigh | 06.19.03 - 10:51 pm | #

all i can say is damn, baby. damn.
tifanie | 06.20.03 - 8:38 am | #

Gravatar Toothy: DSCF0058
Lawyer: DSCF0003
Sexiest: DSCF0079
I know you best in plain text (from the Well).

Just my opinion.
Notshakespeare | 06.20.03 - 8:46 am | #

Glen! Welcome, and you're sweet. I am definitely picking 58 for toothsomeness.
Adriana | Homepage | 06.20.03 - 11:52 am | #

Ok, I can't quite pick them in those categories, but I like 3, 33, 46, 63, 74, 75, 81, and 91 the bestest of all of them. They are all really beautiful, even the one where you are snarling like a rabid little minx. That's because you are beautiful. I just realized looking at them just why I am so damn fond of Amy Poehler (sp?) from Upright Citizens Brigade and SNL. Sometimes she looks a bit like you. And she's funny like you sometimes. I sure love you.
tifanie | 06.21.03 - 1:14 am | #

i love you, tifanie.
adriana | 06.21.03 - 1:00 pm | #

Wait....who's the girl in the pics? Kidding.

Let's see....

Tide: 58 (hell, I'd buy anything from that smile)
The Prosecution rests: 16 or 17
Sexy: 20. There is simply no question.
Plain Ol' Adriana: 108 *grin*

I think I'm gonna send my friend, Kelly by. She's done some modeling and just recently finished some head shots. She's uber-cool and is good with stuff like this
William F. House | Homepage | 06.24.03 - 7:59 am | #

I'm sending someone else by, too. She's wicked cool just like Kelly. Just don't look her directly in the eye or leave her unattended around your valuables (original Kinks albums, etc.). She's called Cheryl (she's the funny one - we will kill her last).
William F. House | Homepage | 06.24.03 - 8:10 am | #

And here I am! And my favorites, in no particular order, are:

Incidentally, you are lovely ... it was difficult to choose! they're all very good.
Cheryl | Homepage | 06.24.03 - 8:15 am | #

1 = DSCF0009
2 = DSCF0001
3 = DSCF0002
4 = DSCF0007

WFH sent me over here, great shoot for only 12 pictures!
I chose 09 over 10 for #1 because you have something "in the eyes" as they say in 09...
02 is so great I would almost say use it for #2 and #2....
and I don't know you but I feel you are speaking to me in 07..
Kelly Oxford | Homepage | 06.24.03 - 8:51 am | #

jesus I'm a moron.
ok, later when I have time I'll go through, um...the entire photoshoot.

you see how good you are, I could pick 4 from 12 no problem...

I'll be back!
Kelly Oxford | Homepage | 06.24.03 - 8:53 am | #

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! You guys rule.
Adriana | Homepage | 06.24.03 - 9:16 am | #

ok, now I have a lot of choices to lay down for you...

1- 40, 58, 53
2- 02, 20, 37, 65
3- 20, 37, 65, 114, 116
4- 47

See how sexy a lawyer/doctor/librarian is to me..whoohooo!

great shoot! I hope we are of some help.

Kelly
Kelly Oxford | Homepage | 06.24.03 - 1:10 pm | #

I agree color began as an issue of economics, however theatrically it's just a classic thing that I think will last a good long while (at least on this coast) before it dies.

For film, again, I agree. But then that's not my bag, baby, is it?

When are you announcing the official winners?
D | 06.25.03 - 9:51 am | #

There's no disputing the classic look of b/w. I totally agree. That's why, like I said, I got some of both.

Color was just starting to happen in NY theatre when I was leaving, which was 2 years ago (*sob*). It'd be interesting to see how that has progressed (or not progressed). The wisdom then was that only redheads or people with unusually colored skin/eyes should do it.

I'll let y'all know what was picked shortly.
Adriana | Homepage | 06.25.03 - 9:58 am | #

*pokes her head in and waves* Hi Adriana! Don't know if you've finalised your picks yet. but here's my unsolicited two cents:

1) Buy Tide! From the lady in DSC70042!
2) Let DSC70019 wreck confident havoc in the courtroom/operating theatre.
3) DSC70020! I need my smelling salts...!
4) DSC70076 is nice and natural.

Honorable mention goes to DSC70087 for being the Marie Claire cover shot (if you ever need that catgorey, that's what I'd go for. ^_-).

As a note of caution, if you intend to use the ones shot outside in the pale blue tank, watch out for the ones where the lighting is backlit and the contrast is affected (looks a bit washed out).

Let us all know when you've decided! ^_-
Mimi | 06.28.03 - 10:46 pm | #